It appears – and this blog has been told that Benjamin Moore which has had a industrial presence in the Junction since January 14, 1907 is closing it’s offices here. A couple of years ago it moved its manufacturing plant to Burlington, Ontario.
From the companies history page
On September 7, 1906 the Canadian company was incorporated. Benjamin Moore was elected president at the first shareholders meeting held on September 11, 1906. In 1911 Fred Moore, Benjamin’s half brother, became Treasurer and managing director of the Canadian subsidiary. The plant on Lloyd Avenue was purchased on January 14, 1907. [some text redacted]
Manufacturing in the Toronto plant also was discontinued after 94 years. The Burlington, Ontario manufacturing facility (formerly Technical Coatings Co. Limited) was expanded to centralize all solvent-based production and the Montreal facility also expanded and became an all-latex facility.
For the company having a head office in this location on Mulock Ave. probably made no business sense, now that the original plant had stopped operating.
Benjamin Moore is an astute company in product development and its paint products hold a high value opinion with the general paint buying public mind. This company would have been a great firm to keep in the community.