About the cinemas that once lined the West Toronto Junction article over at Heritage Toronto website.
Imagine an 800-seat theatre in the Junction, with an elegant marbleized lobby and a state-of-the-art theatre organ that could simulate a full orchestra.
Consider, too, management’s efforts to lure children to the cinema with the prize of a Shetland pony for best attendance.
The Beaver Theatre opened Nov. 24, 1913 on Dundas St. W., east of Pacific Ave. That was just four years after the community, a then prosperous manufacturing centre crossed by four rail lines, was annexed by the City of Toronto
more? direct link
Brought to the blogs attention by David W.