200 Annette Street – Committee of Adjustments
With lots of action around 200 Annette Street this week, I thought I would take a trip to Etobicoke and take a look at the proposal. The developer’s website has some drawings of the proposal which closely resemble the drawings which I saw on file at the Committee of Adjustments. http://terrafirmahomes.com/loft-in-toronto.html
The development requires 4 minor variances which are before the Committee of Adjustments on May 20. The developer still has time to make changes but below is a laymen’s list of what was in the file on April 29.
- A 4.57m wide driveway is proposed, 6.0m is required bylaw.
- Parking Spot width of 2.74m is requested, 3.2 is required
- The dormer height on the north side is 10.42m, 10.0m is the maximum allowable height even though the roof of the church is much higher than 10.0m
- The proposed residential gross floor area (GFA) is 583m2 which exceeds the allowable amount by over 350m2. The actual church is not getting significantly bigger with the condo conversion but GFA for residential is different than it is for churches.
- To accommodate the driveway and parking area the site plan calls for the removal of 2 mature trees including one large tree on High Park Ave and one at the back of the site.
- New entrance door on the west facade.
- Five new entrance doors on the south facade
- 10 new skylights on the south roof.
- The site plans notes “relocate bus shelter”. I think this is to improve the unit 1 patio view but I wonder what the TTC is going to say about that.
I hope a few facts and drawings help clear up some questions about this project.
Martin Lennox JRA co-chair