It’s happening the hoarding is going up and soon the simple elegance of the church will be gone and replaced by homes. While homes will lessen the street-scape – this developer is retaining enough that the church will still be visible to the mind.
200 Annette Street – details of development
- A 4.57m wide driveway is proposed, 6.0m is required bylaw.
- Parking Spot width of 2.74m is requested, 3.2 is required
- The dormer height on the north side is 10.42m, 10.0m is the maximum allowable height even though the roof of the church is much higher than 10.0m
- The proposed residential gross floor area (GFA) is 583m2 which exceeds the allowable amount by over 350m2. The actual church is not getting significantly bigger with the condo conversion but GFA for residential is different than it is for churches.
- To accommodate the driveway and parking area the site plan calls for the removal of 2 mature trees including one large tree on High Park Ave and one at the back of the site.
- New entrance door on the west facade.
- Five new entrance doors on the south facade
- 10 new skylights on the south roof.
- The site plans notes “relocate bus shelter”. I think this is to improve the unit 1 patio view but I wonder what the TTC is going to say about that.
Text in italics from Martin L of the JRA
I hope a few facts and drawings help clear up some questions about this project.
Martin Lennox JRA co-chair