It is 1888 and the inhabitants of Carlton and Davenport seek to incorporate the village of Stanley, led by the ruffians, Dr. Gilmour, Jno. Barnes, Peter Laughton. Allan Royce, J. A. Bull, F. Heydon, Jas. Gilbert, and a few others. Later that same persons approached the Junction Council with a proposition for a union, of the two sides, and by a proclamation of the Ontario Government the proposed Village of Stanley was added to the Junction.
However it appeas to have been no ill will amount the men from both sides. Men were elected from each group as the village was raised to the dignity of a town on and after April, ’89, with men from the Stanley gang elected the new council. The 1st town council consusted of D. W. Clendenan, Mayor, R Armstrong, Reeve; Peter Laughton Deputy Reeve ; Allan Royce and Jas. Gilbert, 1st ward ; J. A. Bull and F. Heydon, 2nd ward; Wm. Greenwood and Jno. Marr. 3rd ward;Dr. Gillespie; and D. Lapp 4th ward; George Gurd and J. D. Spears, 6th ward.
Dr. Gilmour, Allan Royce, J. A. Bull, Jas. Gilbert, F. Heydon, seemingly were just the 1st of the men who seemingly wanted power and money in the Junctions creation, rather than simple good community building.