As the Peacock hotel building in the Junction struggles to have it’s rightful place in the community, it is proably time for a small amount of history about the hotels genius.
W. H. RAY, proprietor of the Peacock Hotel, Dundas Road. This old established hotel has been in existence since 1820, and is now one of the oldest houses in the Province.
The present proprietor is a native of London, England, and came to Canada in 1870. He was engaged in theb utchering business for some time, and in 1881 took possession of this hotel, since which time he has received steady support from the travelling public.