St. Paul the Apostle Church

may-12-2009-dun-001

Using the repairs to door portal flashing today, as a step into highlighting the St. Paul the Apostle Church, at 3224 Dundas Street, West, which is one few highly structured buildings in the Junction. From the 1st build state to the many additions and renovations this church building ahs always build the structure for use 1st and expense second. Although it must have been difficult to raise the funds for much of the work over the years the congregation, has planned well.

The building has a host of uses build into it, when serve its community well, it’s great to see them repair this simple flashing which for the past year has been marring the building.

Here is a link to article on their site about their roof repair from the year 200o.

from their site…

St. Paul the Apostle Church is located at the centre of the Malta Village on Dundas Street West. The parish was established on September 8th, 1930. The church was opened officially on April 29th, 1956. The parish’s history is part of the fabric of the life of the early Maltese immigrants to Canada, a history that dates bask to the early 1900s.

The Franciscans played a very important role in the development and growth of the parish during the past 48 years. However, on March 21st, 1999 the parish was transferred to the Missionsary Society of St. Paul (MSSP) with the installation of Fr. Mark Demanuele MSSP as the first MSSP pastor of the parish.

Comments are closed.