The Rev. Charles Edward Thomson, M. A.. Rector of St. Mark s Church, West Toronto Junction, comes of U. E. Loyalist stock. He was born at Kingston, November 10th , 1832, his father being Mr. Hugh C. Thomson, formerly M.P.P. for Frontenac. and publisher of the Upper Canada herald. Mr. Thomson’s grandfather on the maternal side was William Ruttan, who landed at Adolphustown in 1784, after the Revolutionary War.
The subject of this sketch was educated by private tuition and afterwards at the Upper Canada College and Trinity University, receiving the degree of M.A. from the latter in 1857. He was ordained a deacon in 1856 and the following year was ordained a priest of the Canadian branch of the Anglican Church. For twenty years. Rev. Mr. Thomson was rector at Elora, Ontario, and for the last ten years has been actively engaged in the interesting field of St. Mark s parish in Western Toronto.
source: HISTORY OF TORONTO AND COUNTY OF YORK of ONTARIO;