The northeast corner of Yonge Street, was a four-storey,
brick building, the firm “Readout Bros.” This was. Business of Percival Ridout, a large hardware and iron working factory and store, operated with his brother Joseph. The city acquired Mr Ridouts 173 acre parcel to the east of Mr Howards, High Park land.
Nearby the business of A. & S. Nordheimer’s music store, open in 1844, another concern with a connection to the Junction.