parkpeople.ca for their
upcoming webinar on accountability in community consultation and impact measurement that will take place on Wednesday, March 8, from 3:00 to 4:30 pm EST.
The diverse communities served by parks and public spaces hold incredible knowledge about their own lived experiences, wants, and needs. Yet we know that it can be complicated for outside placemakers – including governing bodies and NGOs – to access that knowledge in a way that feels equitable, respectful, and beneficial for all.
During this session, we will explore ways of holding ourselves accountable to the community at every stage of placemaking: from consultation to impact measurement.
- Bridget MacIntosh, Cultural Planning Project Coordinator, STEPS Public Art
- Krista Nightengale, Executive Director, Better Block Foundation
- Dr. Michelle Vanchu-Orosco, Director of Research and Data Analysis, The Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness
- Lisa Crossman, Coordinator, Indigenous ID Services and Research, The Community Social Planning Council
- Michael Ditor, Program Coordinator and Analyst, Community Data Program
- Sasha Mosky, Training and Capacity Building Coordinator, Community Data Program
The webinar will be conducted in English; however, the presentation slides will be bilingual.
Funding for the webinar is provided by an anonymous donor, the Hilary and Galen Weston Foundation, The TD Ready Commitment and Arc’teryx.
We look forward to seeing you there!